"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." -Alan Kay
Everyday new electronic hardware and devices are announced and made available on the market. There is a plethora of electronic devices available that not only vary in their capabilities and functions but also in their pricing and product age. Careful selection of devices must be made to avoid end-of-life parts. If perchance an inexperienced designer selects one of these parts for product development and when the part is discontinued, the product's viability and cost will be greatly affected due to the necessity of having to redesign the product. With over 25-years experience in Electronic Design I can help you in avoiding these costly mistakes.
Increasingly, I have become aware that investors desire start-ups and small businesses to prove that their product was designed using the most current device standards and also that the design has been reduced to its lowest possible production cost to increase its potential profitability. This poses a very daunting task, especially when one is starting a business and also trying to develop a product for sale in the market. To ensure that your product is using the most up-to-date, design efficient, and cost effective devices my company strives to be well versed in current cutting edge technologies, methodologies, and devices. To make this possible we employ the following for product development:
- Micro-controller implementation - including circuitry interface development and firmware programming for Parallax's P8X32 Propeller, STAMP, Amtel AVR using Wiring, Arduino, and other micro-controller technologies
- Digital design - including circuit design in association with analog circuitry and micro-controller devices
- Analog design - including circuit design for signal processing, filtering and microcontroller interfacing.
- Video/Image capture integration -including hardware and optical component selection and circuitry design for video or still image acquisition
- Sensor integration - selection of sensor devices and analog to digital methods to detect and measure external parameters
- Process control integration - the selection of components and design of methods for the control of physical processes
- Complete printed circuit board design - schematic capture, design layout, design for manufacture, with Gerber output files for printed circuit boards and SMT stencils